Online Schools That Provide Laptops – Today’s college advisors not just suggest that students who register to the university to use laptops and other technologies, many even require it. While technology is very important for college students signing up for online degree programs, many other normal colleges require new students to bring tablets or laptops to the classroom.
Many schools offer special deals with major manufacturers like Google, HP, Dell, and Apple. Based on the school, there may also be software that is being offered with a big discount as well. Full Sail University, for example, Project Lunchbox, a program that sells 15″ MacBook Pro at great discounts, already equipped with software for film editing courses at school.
Rutgers University offers free iPad tailor-made for students in the digital marketing program. Other schools offer laptops that can be used until the students are graduated. Can students use their laptops until after graduation? It depends on the policy of each college. Students who buy a laptop at a discount usually can use the laptop until after graduation. If they do not go to school in the middle of the semester, they need to return their laptop, tablet or handphones.
Students may also use their current student identification card to participate in a manufacturer-sponsored discount program. For those of you who are looking for information about online schools that provide laptops or tablet for students when signing up, here are the listings:
- Full Sail University has campuses in Florida and operates a fully accredited online university program. This school provides laptops for all registered students, including online students, with Apple computers attached to the courses required for their course. Computers are not included in tuition fees but are included with special discounts from the manufacturer.
- Bethel University, an accredited institution, has campuses in Tennessee and offers online liberal arts degrees. The university provides students online with iPad that comes with application programs and a wireless keyboard. Fees already included in the tuition.
- Duke University Global Health Institute provides students with free iPad for field research. The device is expected to be used worldwide by students, in countries such as Bangladesh and Vietnam, as well as at home. The goal is to give students the opportunity to collect more data in areas with limited resources.
- Stevens-Henager College is an accredited school that offers associate degrees, masters at 12 campuses and online. This college gives every student enrolled both online and offline a free laptop with software already installed. Students dropped out before graduation have to return their laptop to college.
- Rutgers University in New Jersey offers free iPad for students in the Mini-MBA program of digital marketing programs. IPads are an integral part of the 12 session program, tailored to Apple’s help to provide education in a technology-driven field. Students who already have an iPad can reduce the cost of their tuition fees.
- Long Island University provides free iPad for all incoming freshmen, as an incentive for enrollment. The offer also includes new undergraduate transfer students who are present full-time. This private university has integrated and online programs in addition to campus based teaching in Brookville, NY, and other locations.
- Stanford University offers free iPad to its School of Medicine students. IPad offers an electronic annotation device, advanced computer imaging and access to information obtained from external sites on the Internet.
- At Oklahoma Christian University, students receive a free MacBook, as well as an optional iPhone or iPod touch during registration. Students may also opt to purchase iPad at an additional cost. The University offers learning options for students both on campus and off campus.
- The University of Maryland offers free iPad to students in the learning and creativity program of Digital Culture and Creativity Honors College. The University aims to integrate the technology into courses, which have a digital focus. The iPad serves as the basis for the delivery of content and instructions. Students also have the opportunity to learn to develop their own applications for the iPad.